City Service Changes for Veterans Day Holiday
Solid Waste/StarMetro/Animal Service Center
November 06, 2013
The City of Tallahassee’s administrative offices will be closed for the Veterans Day holiday on Monday, Nov. 11. Following are schedule changes for the week of Nov. 11 for solid waste customers living inside the Tallahassee city limits, StarMetro and the Tallahassee-Leon Community Animal Service Center.
Solid Waste Schedule Changes - Garbage / Recycling / Yard Waste (red week) / Bulky Items (red week) – During the holiday week, commercial operations will run as normal. All residential customers, however, will receive service one day later than their regularly scheduled service:
- Monday customers - Tuesday, November 12
- Tuesday customers - Wednesday, November 13
- Wednesday customers - Thursday, November 14
- Thursday customers - Friday, November 15
- Friday customers - Saturday, November 16
Garbage and recycling containers should both be rolled to the curb for pickup by 6:30 a.m. on collection day, with both containers returned to the home no later than the day after collection. Customers are reminded to separate yard waste piles from any bulky items set out for pickup. Customers needing more information may view solid waste schedules at Talgov.com/YOU or contact City of Tallahassee Utilities at 891-4YOU (4968).
StarMetro Schedule Changes - StarMetro, the City's mass transit system, will change its operations for the Veteran’s Day holiday, as follows:
- Fixed Route Services - On Monday, November 11, StarMetro will operate a Saturday schedule, including night service.
- Dial-A-Ride Services – Dial-A-Ride service will be available within the Saturday schedule coverage area on Monday, November 11. The administrative offices however will be closed. Therefore, all trips for Monday, Nov. 11, and Tuesday, Nov. 12, will need to be verified by 5 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 8.
For more information, visit Talgov.com/StarMetro or call StarMetro at 891-5200.
Animal Service Center Closed Monday - The Tallahassee-Leon Community Animal Service Center is normally closed to the public on Mondays, and thus the facility will be closed on November 11. Normal hours will resume on Tuesday, November 12, with the Center opening at 10:30 a.m. Customers needing more information, including photos of animals available for adoption, may visit Talgov.com/animals or contact the Animal Service Center at 891-2950.
City Animal Control will be available for emergency situations only and can be reached via the Consolidated Dispatch Agency at 606-5800.
Lizzy Kelley, Communications Department, 891-8533