Mike Blankenship Skate Park
Between James Messer Fields and StarMetro Administrative Offices • Jackson Bluff Road at Appleyard Drive
Hours of Operation: Sunrise to Midnight
The Mike Blankenship Skate Park is a state-of-the art, 26,000 square foot facility designed to provide maximum enjoyment and challenge for all who utilize it. It boasts a five foot deep pool with a roll down to nine foot. There are numerous rolled lip areas for all level skaters to use, including two above wall extensions, flat banks, raised transitions and other features to challenge all age skaters. The facility is the result of efforts by local skateboarders and members of the local Skaters' Union led by chair Dave Wilcox who worked with Parks and Recreation Department staff to select the site at the James Messer Sports Complex.
Mike Blankenship Skate Park Rules
- Skate facility will be open from sunrise to midnight, if skate park lights are on.
- Know your abilities and skate at your own risk.
- You must wear a helmet to skate (Safety equipment is recommended at all times, especially shoes, knee, elbow, & wrist/palm pads).
- One skater on each half pipe at a time.
- No graffiti is allowed - don't tag the park!
- No glass containers, food, beverages, drugs, tobacco, alcohol, allowed in the facility.
- Do not skate if surfaces are wet.
- Unruly conduct or defacing of the facility may result in the loss of skating privileges, or closure of park.
- Skateboards and inline skates only!
- Please police each other - keep your park open.
- Please put trash in barrels provided.
Report maintenance problems to the parks division @ 891-5340. City ordinance #88-0-0167
Emergency phone - 911