City Service Changes for
Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday
Solid Waste/StarMetro/Animal Service Center
January 15, 2014
The City of Tallahassee’s administrative offices will be closed for the Martin Luther King Jr. Day holiday on Monday, Jan. 20. Following are schedule changes for the week of Jan. 19-25 for solid waste customers living inside the Tallahassee city limits, StarMetro and the Tallahassee-Leon Community Animal Service Center.
Solid Waste Schedule Changes: Garbage / Recycling / Yard Waste (red week) / Bulky Items (red week) – during the holiday week, all customers will receive service one day later than their regularly scheduled service:
- Monday customers: Tuesday, Jan. 21
- Tuesday customers: Wednesday, Jan. 22
- Wednesday customers: Thursday, Jan. 23
- Thursday customers: Friday, Jan. 24
- Friday customers: Saturday, Jan. 25
Garbage and recycling containers should both be rolled to the curb for pickup by 6:30 a.m. on collection day, with both containers returned to the home no later than the day after collection. Customers are reminded to separate yard waste piles from any bulky items set out for pickup. Customers needing more information may view solid waste schedules at Talgov.com/YOU or contact City of Tallahassee Utilities at 891-4YOU (4968).
StarMetro Schedule Changes - StarMetro, the City's mass transit system, will change its operations for the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday as follows:
- Fixed Route Services – On Monday, Jan. 20, StarMetro will operate on a Sunday schedule.
- Dial-A-Ride Services – Dial-A-Ride service will also be available on Monday, Jan. 20, operating within the standard Saturday coverage area (rides must be confirmed by Friday, Jan. 17).
For more information, visit Talgov.com/StarMetro or call StarMetro at 891-5200.
Animal Service Center Closed Monday - The Tallahassee-Leon Community Animal Service Center is normally closed to the public on Mondays, and thus the facility will be closed on Jan. 20. Normal hours will resume on Tuesday, Jan. 21, with the Center opening at 10:30 a.m. Customers needing more information, including photos of animals available for adoption, may visit Talgov.com/animals or contact the Animal Service Center at 891-2950.
Lizzy Kelley, Communications Department, 891-8533