City Service Changes for Labor Day Holiday
Solid Waste, StarMetro, Animal Service Center
August 28, 2013
The City of Tallahassee's administrative offices will be closed for the Labor Day holiday on Monday, September 2. Following are schedule changes for the week of September 2-7 for solid waste customers living inside the Tallahassee city limits, StarMetro and the Tallahassee-Leon Community Animal Service Center.
Solid Waste Schedule Changes
GARBAGE / RECYCLING / YARD WASTE (red week) / BULKY ITEMS (red week) - during the holiday week, all customers will receive service one day later than their regularly scheduled service:
- Monday customers - Tuesday, September 3
- Tuesday customers - Wednesday, September 4
- Wednesday customers - Thursday, September 5
- Thursday customers - Friday, September 6
- Friday customers - Saturday, September 7
Garbage and recycling containers should both be rolled to the curb for pickup by 6:30 a.m., with both containers returned to the home no later than the day after the collection day. Customers are reminded to separate yard waste piles from any bulky items set out for pickup. Customers needing more information may view solid waste schedules at Talgov.com/YOU or contact City of Tallahassee Utilities at 891-4YOU (4968).
StarMetro Schedule Changes
StarMetro, the City's mass transit system, will change its operations for the Labor Day holiday, as follows:
- FIXED ROUTE SERVICES - On Monday, September 2, StarMetro will operate on a Sunday schedule with night service.
- DIAL-A-RIDE SERVICES - Dial-a-Ride services will not be operating on Monday, September 2. Non-sponsored trips and Dial-a-Ride trip requests for Tuesday, September 3 must be scheduled by Friday, August 30.
For more information, visit Talgov.com/StarMetro or call StarMetro at 891-5200.
Animal Service Center Closed Monday
The Tallahassee-Leon Community Animal Service Center is normally closed to the public on Mondays, and thus the facility will be closed on September 2. Normal hours will resume on Tuesday, September 3, with the Center opening at 10:30 a.m. Customers needing more information, including photos of animals available for adoption, may visit Talgov.com/animals, or contact the Animal Service Center at 891-2950.
Lizzy Kelley, Communications Department, 891-8533
Subscribe to News Releases
Sign up to receive our news releases via email, along with many other features, with our Email Subscription Service.