Good Neighbor Program
Who May Participate: Qualifying senior citizens age 65 and older, families with children under the age of five, and disabled persons living independently.
How to Get Started: Contact the Capital Area Community Action Agency at 222.2043 for applications and information.
The Good Neighbor Program provides immediate and long-term financial assistance to qualifying customers. It is designed to help qualified customers during the peak heating and cooling months of the year when the need is greatest. The program offers:
1) Bill Assistance
- 25% credit to electric service provided month-to-month (as funds are available)
2) Weatherization and Efficiency Measures
- Free Priority Energy Audit (required for bill assistance credit)
- Free Ceiling Insulation (up to $500)
- Heating and Cooling System Duct Repair, Coil Cleaning and Refrigerant Leak Repair (up to $500)
- Hot Water Leak Repair (up to $500)
Qualified customers will receive a credit beginning on their next monthly statement, and a free home energy audit. Weatherization measures will be identified and arrangements will be made for needed repairs.
**This is for income-based senior citizens and families with children under the age of five. What does that mean?
> View more products & services