Electric Utility Ten-Year Site Plan
Every year the City's Electric Utility and other utilities in the state submit to the Florida Public Service Commission (FPSC) a Ten-Year Site Plan (TYSP). The TYSP provided at the link below includes estimates of the Electric Utility's need for electricity and information regarding the resources proposed to fulfill those needs. The TYSP reflects tentative information for planning purposes only and may be amended at any time at the discretion of the Electric Utility upon written notification to the FPSC.
The FPSC reviews each utility's TYSP in consideration of the following:
- The need for electrical power in the area to be served.
- The effect on fuel diversity within the state.
- The anticipated environmental impact of each proposed electrical power plant site.
- Possible alternatives to the proposed plan.
- The views of appropriate local, state, and federal agencies.
- The extent to which the plan is consistent with the state comprehensive plan.
- Information of the state on energy availability and consumption.
> Download the Ten-Year Site Plan (pdf)