Below are just some of the internal functions provided to the City of Tallahassee by the Office of the Treasurer-Clerk.
Asset/Liability is responsible for:
- The City's banking relations.
- Management of employees' pension assets, which are invested primarily through external money managers.
- In-house management of a pooled investment fund for all governmental operations.
- Issuance and ongoing administration of all city debt, including the Electric, Gas, Water, Sewer, Stormwater, and Airport Systems as well as General Government debt and various other conduit debt issues (see Annual Reports to Bondholders).
- Work-in-progress auditing and disbursement of all city-issued checks.
Records Management Division
Records Management is responsible for:
- Preparation and maintenance of City Commission minutes.
- Responding to public records requests. To make a public records request, please contact the Records Division by phone, in person, or via postal mail at:
City of Tallahassee
City Hall, Office of the City Treasurer-Clerk, Box A-31
300 South Adams Street
Tallahassee, FL 32301
- Maintenance of active contract files.
- Management of City archives.
- Administering the City's document imaging system.
- Educating City employees on State records retention requirements.
- Registering Lobbyists.
Retirement Administration is responsible for administering the City's:
- Retirement system for ~2,700 active and ~900 retired City employees, which includes the Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution Pension Plans.
- Deferred Compensation Plan.
- Chapters 175/185 Supplemental Share Plans.
- Pre-retirement Education Program.
- Financial Planning Program.
- Social Security Alternative Plan (for temporary employees).
Prudential Retirement Services
Revenue is responsible for:
- Administration of the Business Tax (formerly Occupational License), Communications Services Tax (formerly Telecommunications), and Public Service Tax Programs.
- Collecting and processing all City of Tallahassee Utility Bill payments.
- Parking revenue, which also includes collecting and processing:
- Parking Ticket fines
- Loading Zone permits and fees
- Oversight responsibility for the collection of all other City revenues.
- City Mail Room services.
Risk Management Division
Risk Management is responsible for:
- Administration of the City's self-insured programs for general liability, automobile liability, workers' compensation, and employment practice liability.
- The procurement and administration of commercially purchased insurance for all other applicable exposures.
- Administration and oversight of the claims administration process for the self-funded and of the commercially insured exposures.
- Establishing, consulting, and reviewing insurance requirements for all City contracts, agreements, requests for proposals and special events to ensure that the City is adequately protected in these various activities and relationships.