Division Chief Lori Roberts currently serves as A Shift Commander for suppression and oversees the Division of Logistics. Chief Roberts began her employment with the Tallahassee Fire Department in 1992, during which she held the positions of; Firefighter, Fire Engineer, Fire Lieutenant, Fire Captain, Fire Battalion Chief, and currently holds the rank of Fire Division Chief.
Chief Roberts holds a Bachelor's Degree in Information Studies, an Associates of Science in Fire Science Technology, and an Associates of Arts in General Studies. Additionally, she is a State of Florida certified Emergency Medical Technician, Fire Officer I, Fire Officer II, Instructor III, Fire Investigator, and Live Fire Instructor.
The Logistics Division supports the mission of the Tallahassee Fire Department by providing support services for fire suppression, hazardous material, and rescue operations. This support includes:
- Maintaining and supplying all 296 personnel with uniforms and personnel protective equipment such as helmets, coats, pants, boots, and gloves.
- Management, maintenance, and stocking of 21 department facilities.
- Management of all department fire apparatus as well as support vehicles.
- Management and maintenance of all department technology needs.
- Management of the department Special Operations which include Hazardous Materials Task Force 2 Team, Urban Search and Rescue Task Force 7 Team and the Airport Operations for the Tallahassee International Airport.