Partnership for Idle Free Tallahassee Leon-County
The Partnership for Idle Free Tallahassee-Leon is committed to reducing unnecessary idling by promoting the adoption and implementation of Idle Free policies, educational campaigns, the establishment of idle free zones, and a community Idle Free pledge campaign.
Members of the Partnership have pledged to promote Idle Free Tallahassee-Leon Community Campaign by promoting the objectives of the Campaign within their organization and helping to promote the campaign's initiatives throughout the community. The objectives of the Campaign are outlined below.
- Reduce or eliminate the idling behaviors of motorists.
- Reduce unnecessary idling and resultant air emissions.
- Reduce fuel costs and damage to vehicles caused by unnecessary idling.
- Improve local air quality.
- Increase the awareness among residents of the adverse impacts of unnecessary idling and the benefits of reducing idling within the community through educational outreach programs and activities.
- Build a diverse partnership of community stakeholders, including other units of government, local universities and colleges, non-profit organizations, and local area businesses to implement the educational outreach activities designed to discourage unnecessary idling.
The current members of the Partnership for Idle Free Tallahassee-Leon County are:
|Allergy & Asthma Diagnostic Treatment Center
||Good Shepherd Catholic Church
| American Lung Association
| Capital Regional Medical Center
| Florida A&M University
||Hopping, Green & Sams
| Leon County
| Leon County School Board
||Enterprise Car Rental
|Tallahassee Community College
||Hilaman Golf Course
| Yellow Cab of Tallahassee
How Can I Become a Partner?
If you or your organization would like to join the Partnership for Idle Free Tallahassee-Leon County or if you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
<< Back to the Idle Free main page