Bid or RFP information can be obtained through one of the following methods:
- View all bid information on DemandStar's website. Scroll down for more information about Demandstar.
(Please note: the above link takes you to an external website that is not subject to the policies and agreements of the City of Tallahassee. The City of Tallahassee is not responsible for content or services of external websites.)
- Tallahassee Democrat each Sunday in the Legal Section
- Visit or call City Hall at 891-8280
- Subscribe to the DemandStar System. All City Bid information is available through the DemandStar System.
Upon request, the Procurement Services Division of the City of Tallahassee will mail out bid documents to vendors. The cost of these documents is .15 per page and vendors will make their checks payable to the City of Tallahassee prior to distribution.
About the DemandStar System
The Procurement Services Division of the City of Tallahassee has instituted the DemandStar System to provide current information to potential contractors, consultants, and other types of vendors, as well as the general public. The system allows you to receive the information quickly, at your convenience, whenever and wherever you choose, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. All you need is a fax machine or computer with fax capability. Although the Purchasing Division office hours are 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday, the DemandStar system is never closed. You can contact our DemandStar System at 407-975-0040 or at 1-800-711-1712.
DemandStar System site
Who should use this system?
- Individuals and businesses wanting to become a vendor or supplier for the City of Tallahassee
- Established vendors who need to update their information to remain competitive
- Vendors who want to obtain copies of Bids and Request For Proposals (RFPs)
- Vendors who want to know the status of Bids and RFPs
- Vendors who want to find current City of Tallahassee Purchasing Division agenda items for the Board of County Commissioners
- Vendors who need detailed information about the City of Tallahassee's Purchasing Code and Procedures
What type of information is available on the system?
Legal advertisements, mail order request forms, bid/RFP addendum, bid tabulation sheets and vendor pick up lists are available along with the following:
- Current Procurement Listings
- Formal Contracts and Construction Bids
- Straight Bids
- Annual Bids
- Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
- Professional Service Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
- Current Award Recommendations and Current Board Agenda Items
How To Use DemandStar System
Using the DemandStar System is easy. Simply follow the prompts using your touch tone phone. If you are uncertain which document you need or want, simply order the list of documents currently available on the system. For documents too lengthy to fax, a mail order request form can be faxed to you. Simply complete this form and fax it back to DemandStar. The documents you ordered will be mailed to you within twenty-four hours.
Where xxx is the bid or RFP number, documents are numbered as follows:
- xxx1 - Legal advertisement
- xxx2 - Published "short list" for the project
- xxx3 - Mail Order Request Form for Bid/RFP/PS package
- xxx4 - Bid Tabulation sheet for that particular project
- xxx5 - List of all vendors who have received the bid package
- xxx61 - 1st addendum to this bid
- xxx62 - 2nd addendum to this bid
- xxx7 - Award Recommendations
For example, to find out who has received bid packages for BID #98-301-CO, simply request document number 3015.
Other Commonly Requested Document Numbers
- 100 - Current Procurements List
- 101 - Historical Listing of Bids with IOD
Should you need further assistance with the fax system, please call DemandStar, Inc. at 407-975-0000 or at 1-800-711-1712.