Solid Waste Pickup Curb Guides
- Leave enough room for items to be lifted into trucks to avoid hitting low-hanging wires or tree limbs.
- Yard waste must be separated from bulky items and all other debris to ensure recycling of this material and avoid increased landfill fees. Mixed debris or mixed piles will not be picked up.
- Move items at least 3 feet away from obstacles such as mailboxes, fences, telephone poles, trees and landscaping to avoid damage.
- Leaves, yard clippings and small debris must be bagged or boxed so that they will not blow away or clog storm drains.
- Yard waste piles cannot be any larger than 6' x 4' x 4' (6 feet long, 4 feet wide and 4 feet high). Individual limbs must not have a diameter greater than 4 inches.
- In order to reduce hazards, bulk piles cannot be any larger than 6' x 4' x 4' (6 feet long, 4 feet wide and 4 feet high).
- Items must be in reach of the mechanical arm on the truck. Place items within 3 feet of curb.
- Place items so that they are not blocked by vehicles or other objects and are not on top of underground utilities or stationary objects.