What items are considered to be garbage?
Garbage means household waste such as:
- Food and other kitchen scraps
- Packaging that is not accepted in our recycling program, such as:
- Wax-coated or plastic-coated food containers (frozen foods, milk/juice cartons)
- Pizza boxes and other food-contaminated boxes
- Food wrappers (potato chip bags, flour bags, etc.)
- Foil and foil pie plates
- Plastic wrap, wax paper, butcher paper
- Plastic bags (although you can take grocery and department store bags back to special containers near the front doors of the stores for recycling)
- Styrofoam ("peanuts," packaging, egg cartons, trays, cups, plates, etc.)
- Paper plates, paper towels, napkins, tissues
- China, ceramics, glassware, silverware
- Rags or clothing that is not suitable for donation to charity
Would you like to learn about your garbage pickup service? Please call 891.4YOU (4968) for more information.