Business Tax Certificates
Obtaining a Business Tax Certificate is only one part of starting a new business within the City of Tallahassee limits. Below are some important links to help you get your business up and running quickly in addition to the actual Business Tax Certificate application process:
- The Business Startup Info page will provide information, contact phone numbers, web sites and mailing addresses to assist you with starting a business.
- City of Tallahassee Business Tax Requirements answers frequently asked questions when starting a business inside the City limits of Tallahassee.
- To acquire an electronic version of the City of Tallahassee Business Tax Form, complete the following Steps 1-3. To avoid delay during the application process, please make sure you submit all required information.
- Print, complete, and return the Declaration of Information for City of Tallahassee Business Tax Certificate (PDF).
- If a Non-Home Based Business, please complete Step 2 and omit Step 3.
- If a Home-Based Business, please omit Step 2 and complete Step 3.
- Print, complete, and return the Zoning Notice for Business Tax Applicants (PDF).
- Read and print Chapter 10 Article VII, Section 412.2 from the City of Tallahassee Land Development Code (PDF) pertaining to home-based businesses, and then complete and return the Statement of Home Occupational Owner (PDF) signature page.
- View Chapter 18 Article II. of the City of Tallahassee's complete taxation ordinance, to include viewing the established rates for each business type activity. The City of Tallahassee's Business Ordinance is pursuant to the Florida Statute 205.053.