Recovered Property Claims
Property on Hold
- If the property receipt indicates there is a "HOLD" on your property, it shall not be returned until the hold is released.
- Only the impounding officer, case investigator, case investigator's supervisor, the Watch Commander, the State's Attorney Office or the Court may release the hold.
- Once your case is disposed, you have sixty (60) days to claim your items.
Property Not on Hold
- If the property receipt indicates there is "NO HOLD" on your property, or the "HOLD HAS BEEN RELEASED", you may claim your property.
- Bring a copy of Property Receipt or a notice to claim letter, if you have one, and photo identification to the Tallahassee Police Department's Property and Evidence Section, Monday through Friday, between 7 am and 4 pm, excluding holidays.
Second Party Property Claims
- If you cannot personally pick up your property, you may authorize someone to claim your property for you.
- This person must bring a notarized letter, signed by the owner, authorizing them to pick up your belongings.
- Please include the case number in your letter.
- The authorized person must also present a driver's license or photo identification card.
- If your items are not claimed within sixty (60) days, they may be disposed of in accordance with Section 705.105, Florida Statutes, and/or Tallahassee Police Department General Order 42.
- If you are unable to claim your property within sixty (60) days, you may write or call the Property and Evidence Section for a thirty (30) day extension.
Unclaimed Property and Surplus Property
- Items that are not claimed and are of value are submitted to PropertyRoom.com for auction. Members of the public are allowed to bid on these items. Proceeds are turned over to the City of Tallahassee General Fund.
- Surplus items, including surplus vehicles, which belong to the City of Tallahassee are also sold by auction at govdeals.com.
Tallahassee Police Department
Property & Evidence Section
234 East Seventh Avenue
Tallahassee, FL 32303
Property & Evidence Section Hours:
Monday through Friday, between 7:00 am and 4:00 pm, excluding holidays.