Current/Upcoming Downtown Events
The listing below shows all events currently scheduled (as of February 4, 2014) to take place in the downtown Tallahassee area. This area is bounded roughly by Tennessee Street in the north; Gadsden Street in the east; Gaines Street in the south; and Duval Street in the west. These events are taken into consideration in planning construction projects in the area. Even if no construction projects are underway, though, they will have an impact on the flow of traffic.
Disclaimer: These are the events which we currently know of, from all official sources. As the capital city of Florida, however, Tallahassee's streets are often the scene of unplanned and/or unofficial -- even spontaneous -- events: Civic Center and spectator sports events, demonstrations and marches, and so on. Please bear the latter in mind when planning your own travels around town.
- Fri., 2/14: One Billion Rising, 11 am to noon, Kleman Plaza
- Sat., 3/1: Downtown Marketplace, 8 am to 2 pm, Ponce de Leon Park
- Sat., 3/8: Downtown Marketplace, 8 am to 2 pm, Ponce de Leon Park
- Wed., 3/12: Florida Tourism Day, no time given, Adams Street Commons
- Wed., 3/12: Springtime Breakfast in the Park, 6:30-10 am, Bloxham Park
- Sat., 3/15: Downtown Marketplace, 8 am to 2 pm, Ponce de Leon Park
- Sat., 3/15: St. Patrick’s Festival and Parade, 3-10 pm, Kleman Plaza
- Sun., 3/16: Jazz on Gaines Street, 4-8:30 pm, Boulevard Park
- Wed., 3/19: Great American Realtors Day, no time given, Adams Street Commons
- Sat., 3/22: Downtown Marketplace, 8 am to 2 pm, Ponce de Leon Park
- Sat., 3/29: Springtime Tallahassee, all day, downtown
- Sat., 3/29: Downtown Marketplace, 8 am to 2 pm, Ponce de Leon Park