City residents may request up to two trees, to be planted on a public street right-of-way within the City limits, and agree to keep each tree watered for one (1) year.
Here are some guidelines:
- You must be a City resident, residing on a City-maintained street or roadway, to participate in the Adopt-a-Tree program. Unfortunately, Leon County residents who reside outside City limits may not request trees at this time.
- Tree species and quantities are limited; no more than two trees per address.
- Public Works Operations personnel will visit each site prior to planting. We will provide marking flags and assist with tree selection and location.
- Trees may not be located under electric power lines. In addition, the site must be free from non-municipal infrastructure, such as invisible fencing, irrigation, outdoor lighting, and so on.
- Trees must be located in your front yard and within the City right-of-way, usually about 15 feet from the curb or roadside.
Note: The Public Works Operations Division reserves the right to substitute another variety of tree if the one selected is not suitable for the selected site.
Thinking of adopting a tree, but want to know in advance what will be required of you afterwards? Check out our informational brochure (542KB PDF). (We'll hang a copy of the brochure on the door of everyone who orders a tree.)
Trees available: For this year's program, we are offering these tree types: Southern Magnolia, Flowering Crabapple, and Southern Pecan. Trees are delivered in the respective container size shown below. The "More info" links take you to documents with further, more in-depth details at the University of Florida's Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences. Click on a thumbnail photo for a full-size image (opens in a new tab/window).
To request a tree, fill out the form below and click the Submit button. This will transmit your information to the Public Works Operations division, which administers the Adopt-a-Tree program. If you have questions, please contact us via email or by phone at 891-5300.
Adopt-a-Tree Application Form
Note: All fields except Other Comments/Information are required. Please submit only one form for each address, as we are limited to planting no more than two trees per address. In the event of duplicate orders for a given address, we will use only the last order submitted and discard the earlier ones.
Important: You will receive via email a copy of the information you've provided us. For this reason, an email address MUST be entered.
VERY Important: If you have not received the confirmation email message within a day of submitting the application below, please contact Public Works Operations at 891-5300 for assistance. You may also email us.
Thank you for your continued support of the Adopt-a-Tree program!