[See a full-size version of the above map. If you prefer it in PDF form, including a list of project contacts, a PDF version is also available (716KB).]
Although no one likes detours, sometimes there's no avoiding them for the sake of both efficiency and safety. Here's a summary of what you can expect in the vicinity of the Lonnbladh Road Improvement Project.
- Phase 1 construction will involve the section of Lonnbladh Road between Olson Road and Laurelwood Lane. This is the area shown in solid red in the above map.
- Electric line relocations required by the project are currently underway. Since work will be occurring on both sides of the roadway, Lonnbladh Road from Olson Road to Laurelwood Lane must be closed to through traffic. This road closure began on Monday, February 25, at 9:00 a.m.
- Detour signs, including lighted variable-message boards, are clearly posted to route traffic around the construction zone using Olson Road, Centerville Road, Welaunee Road and Capital Circle NE.
- Throughout this phase of the construction, Eddie Road and Pennlyn Road will remain open to local traffic.
- We expect to wrap-up Phase 1 construction by late January 2014, weather permitting.
Phase 2 construction will likely begin sometime after Phase 1 is complete. Phase 2 will have a shorter duration, but the exact timeline is not known as this time. Phase 2 will involve sidewalk installation along the remainder of Lonnbladh Road all the way to Capital Circle NE. Once entirely complete, Lonnbladh Road residents will have pedestrian access to Capital Circle NE.
Questions? Please contact the project manager, Roger Moore, either via email or by phone (850-891-8737). And as always, thank you for your patience!