Capital Cascades Sector Plan
Maps - Links - Calendar - Recommendations (PDF)
The overarching purpose of the Capital Cascade Sector Plan is to develop a vision and set of implementation recommendations for the Sector Plan area including:
- Ensuring compatibility of the area's vision with other planning initiatives in and around the Sector Plan Area
- Recommending appropriate land uses surrounding the Blueprint 2000 Capital Cascade Trail utilizing a holistic land planning approach to complement this stormwater and greenway development project; and
- Coordinating with the community to identify concerns and opportunities in the entire Sector Plan area and identifying potential solutions.
The following guiding principles serve as the foundation for work to be conducted under the Capital Cascade Sector Plan initiative:
- Seek out and develop an action plan for the accomplishment of redevelopment opportunities;
- Develop linkages from the Capital Cascade Trail to amenities, neighborhoods or points of interest within the study area or vicinity such as the Central Core Area;
- Coordinate the Capital Cascade Trail with other planning initiatives such as the Gaines Street Redevelopment Plan, Providence Neighborhood Plan, South Monroe Street Sector Plan, FAMU Master Plan, and/or other neighborhood oriented planning initiatives;
- Encourage and provide forums for the involvement of neighborhood residents and other citizens interested in the redevelopment and enhancement of the Sector Plan area;
- Eliminate regulatory barriers to desirable redevelopment; and
- Create incentives for economic development and redevelopment
within the study area
Click the links below to view the current zoning map, Future Land Use Map and Existing Land Use Map for the study area. Check back here for additional maps as the project progresses.
Learn more about Blueprint2000 projects.