Youth Tackle Football
2014 Youth Tackle Football Schedules (PDF)
2014 Jamboree Rules and Schedule - Saturday, September 27
Pee Wee Schedule
- 9:30am: Tom Brown vs. Lafayette (Field 1)
- 9:30am: Country Club vs. Meridian (Field 4)
- 10:30am: Levy vs. Walker Ford (Field 1)
- 11:30am: Northside vs. Levy (Field 4)
- 11:30am: Myers vs. Gaither (Field 1)
The home team will sit on the side of the announcer/scorer’s box. The visiting team is responsible for providing officials. All rules will apply that are explained in the 2014 Coaches Manual except for the following changes:
- Length of quarter: Each "game" will consist of one twenty-minute running quarter. Time will be stopped under the one-minute mark for normal situations (incomplete pass, out of bounds, etc…)
- Kickoffs: There will be no kickoffs for any of the divisions. The ball will be put into play from the 25-yard line to start each "game" and after every scoring opportunity.
- Mandatory playing rule: Every player must play at least six (6) plays per "game."
- Time-outs: Each team will have one (2)-one minute and one (1) 30-second time out per "game."
Please have your team ready to start their game on time. All pre-game warm-up and drills should be completed at least 10 minutes prior to the scheduled start time. All games will start on time.
Please have your players available for weigh-in at least 30 minutes prior to your scheduled game time.
Interested in Sponsoring a Banner?
The tackle football program is looking for banner sponsors to promote their business or organizations. For only $250 a field, your 2' x 6' banner will be seen by thousands throughout the season. For more information, download the attachment (PDF) or call the program supervisor Brian Smatt at 891-3837.
About the Recreational Youth Tackle Football Program
- Fall (August-early November)
- Age Groups
- Pee wee: ages 8-10, maximum weight 100 lbs
- Intermediate: ages 9-11, maximum weight 130 lbs
- Junior: ages 11-13, maximum weight 160 lbs
- Will open June 15, 2014
- In-person registration will be Tuesday, August 19 or Thursday, August 21, 2014
- Age Determining Date: September 1 of the current year
- Registrations Fee: $57 ($10 late will be added after Aug. 10)
- See the full list of registration and practice sites (PDF)
Additional Information and Forms