2015-2016 Winter Basketball Registration
||Boys (9-10; 11-13; 14-17) and Girls (9-10; 11-13; 14-17)
||$39.25 per player
$49.25 for all registrations received after November 5)
||Online Registration System
|Register in Person
||For boys, bring a completed registration form (PDF) on November 5 from 6:30 - 8:00pm to one of the following locations: Deerlake Middle, Lawrence Gregory, Jack McLean, Swift Creek Middle or Walker-Ford.
For girls, bring a completed registration form (PDF) on November 5 from 6:30 - 8:00pm to Sue Herndon McCollum.
Post Registration Information
Participants are not allowed to wear shorts with pockets due to safety concerns.
ALL PLAYERS MUST be present for player skill evaluations:
- Boys: November 10
- Girls: November 12
There will be no returning players this year. All players must attend evaluations and will be drafted to teams. Players who cannot be at evaluations will be picked to a team from a hat.
A coach should contact all players before Monday, November 16, 2015. Please write down the team name, coach name and phone number, and the location and time of your first practice.
Practices will begin the week of November 16, 2015. The practice sites may include Cobb, Deerlake, Montford, and Swift Creek Middle Schools, Jack McLean, Lawrence-Gregory @ Dade Street, Sue Herndon McCollum @ Lafayette, and Walker-Ford Community Centers and Lincoln Neighborhood Center. Tallahassee Parks, Recreation and Neighborhood Affairs will schedule two (2) practices each week lasting for 1 hour each. Two (2) teams will share a court during practice. Please note, depending upon the number of teams registered at each registration site, some leagues may be combined, in which case the location of practices and games may vary.
For late registration information, or if a coach has not contacted you by Monday, November 16, please call 891-3825.
For more information, contact program supervisor Lucas Williams at 891-3825.
About the Recreational Youth Basketball Program
- Practices will start in November.
- Games will start in January and continue for 8 weeks through March 14th.
- Age Groups
- Coed Leagues: 9-10 yrs old, 11-13 yrs old, 14-17 yrs old
- All-Girls League: 9-10 yrs old, 11-13 yrs old, 14-17 yrs old
- Online registration and mail-in will begin in October. On-site registration will be held Thursday, November 5, 2015.
- Age Determining Date: September 1, 2015.
- Coed Leagues: Jack McLean Community Center, Lawrence-Gregory Community Center, Walker-Ford Community Center, Deerlake Middle School, and Swift Creek Middle School.
- All-Girls League: Sue McCollum Community Center
- All games may not be played at registration sites. Game sites will not be finalized until all teams are finalized. In the event there are not enough teams in a park to form a league, location/park may be combined with others in order to form a league. In most cases, practices will be held at the same location you register, unless otherwise directed.
For more information, contact program supervisor Lucas Williams at 850-891-3825.