Come join us for one of America's fastest-growing sports - Pickleball! Pickleball uses hard racquets, whiffle balls and the lower mini tennis nets, and is a lot of fun to play for people of all ages.
Are you a new player? First time joining this fun and energetic game is free. The first 1/2hr. of each session is dedicated to first time players. We encourage you to bring your friends!
- Jack McLean Community Center
700 Paul Russell Road - 891-2505
- Mondays, 10:00am - 1:30pm (resuming August 1)
- Lincoln Neighborhood Center
438 West Brevard Street - 891-4180
- Mondays & Fridays, 9:00am - 12:00n (through August 29)
- Senior Center ($2 donation to play)
1400 North Monroe Street - 891-4
- Tuesdays, 5:30 - 9:00pm (through August 5)
- Basic Lesson: 11:30am - 12:00n
- Regular Play: 12:00n - 4:00pm
- Fridays, 11:30am - 1:30pm
- Sue McCollum Community Center
501 Ingleside Avenue - 891-3946
- Wednesdays, 10:00am - 1:00pm (resuming August 15)
- Fridays, 9:00am - 12:00n
Guidelines of Play:
- Pickleball play on Wednesday will be from 10:00am - 1:00pm at no charge
- Pickleball on Friday will be on a reservation basis
- Courts may be reserved from 9:00am - 12:00n for 1hr per group
- A fee of $10 is paid by the group for the reservation (ex. 4 players split = $2.50 per person)
- Staff will set up nets and provide balls
- A Challenge court will be established for competitive play
- Play shall rotate off court after game is played for waiting players
- At a later date, a Pickleball league will be established
- Times may be subject to change due to extracurricular activities
*Outdoor Blended-line courts are available at Lafayette Park on a first come-first serve basis.
For more information on Pickleball and how you can be a part of the action, contact Glen Howe, Tennis Superintendent. To get regular weekly update by email, contact Tish Cunningham.