2016 Spring Softball Schedules
2016 Fall Softball Season Registration
Registration for the 2016 Fall Softball Season begins June 1.
||Men's, Women's, Church, Senior and Coed
(Weekly & Friday Only)
||$384.60 - 10-game schedule (one game weekly)
- $10.00 late fee added to all registrations after August 11
||Tom Brown Park (and Messer Field if necessary)
||The week of September 6, 2016
||Use our Online Registration System (available soon)
|Register in Person
||Bring a complete registration packet (PDF), along with your payment, to the PRNA Main Offices - 912 Myers Park Drive - during normal business hours (M-F, 8a - 5p) by Wednesday August 10, 2016.
||All late registrants will be placed on a wait list. Games that are rained out will be played as an additional game during the week or weekend.
|For More Information
||Contact Janet Riva, Athletic Supervisor, 891-3835
Pre-Season Softball Practice Information
- Softball fields may be reserved for pre-season practice beginning Monday August 22-25, and August 29- September 1, (Mon.-Thurs.), at 6:00, 7:30 or 9:00 PM, at a cost of $7.00/per session (No Lights), $13.75/per session (With Lights). Please call the park directly Messer South- 891-5337, Tom Brown- 891-3965 to schedule your practice. Please note: staff does not arrive until 6:00 PM. Phones will not be answered until that time.
- All weekly pre-season practice must be paid at the concession stand prior to taking the field. If your team fails to show for a scheduled practice, and is 10 minutes late, the field may be given to another team. Practice may be booked a maximum of two times per week.
- Registered teams may also schedule pre-season practice time during our umpire clinics, August 30, and September 1 6:30- 8:00 PM at Messer North softball fields.
- Once the season has begun field use for practice is first come first serve unless otherwise reserved.
Calling Off Games Policy
- Games will not be postponed or rescheduled. EXCEPTIONS: Death of immediate family member or player(s).
- In case of rain or lightening, all teams scheduled to play at 6:30 should report to your designated field unless otherwise notified If games are cancelled earlier than 6:30 PM, there will be a recorded message on our hotline # 891-3800. The hotline will provide the latest weather information and/or cancellation of remaining games. PLEASE DO NOT call the Tallahassee Parks, Recreation and Neighborhood Affairs Department.
- If the games are called off for inclement weather, or field conditions, the fields will not be available for practice to avoid costly damage to the fields.
- Saturday, August 27, 9a - 1p, Messer N. Park-Press box, ASA/City Parks & Recreation Department
- Tuesday, August 30 from 6 PM - 7:30 PM - Messer N. Park, F# 1 & 2
- Thursday, September 1 from 6 PM - 7:30 PM - Messer
Additional Forms and Information (PDF)
Softball Complex Phone Numbers (when in use)
- Information Hotline: 891-3800
- Tom Brown Park: 891-3965
- James Messer Park North: 891-5336
- James Messer Park South: 891-5337
- Springsax Park: 891-3955