2016 Fall Softball Season Registration
Softball leagues register by full teams. If you are looking for a team and wish to be placed on the list, please email your name and phone number to Janet Lucas.
||Men's, Women's, Church, Senior and Coed
(Weekly & Friday Only)
||$384.50 - 10-game schedule (one game weekly)
- $10.00 late fee added to all registrations after August 11
||Tom Brown Park (and Messer Field if necessary)
||The week of September 6, 2016
||Use our Online Registration System
A completed Roster Form (PDF) is required as a part of online registration
|Register in Person
||Bring a complete registration packet (PDF), along with your payment, to the PRNA Main Offices - 912 Myers Park Drive - during normal business hours (M-F, 8a - 5p) by Wednesday August 10, 2016.
||All late registrants will be placed on a wait list. Games that are rained out will be played as an additional game during the week or weekend.
|For More Information
||Contact Janet Lucas, Athletic Supervisor, 891-3835
Pre-Season Softball Practice Information
- Softball fields may be reserved for pre-season practice beginning Monday August 22 - 25, and August 29 - September 1, (Mon.-Thurs.), at 6:00, 7:30 or 9:00 PM, at a cost of $7.00/per session (No Lights), $13.75/per session (With Lights). Please call the park directly Messer South- 891-5337, Tom Brown- 891-3965 to schedule your practice. Please note: staff does not arrive until 6:00 PM. Phones will not be answered until that time.
- All weekly pre-season practice must be paid at the concession stand prior to taking the field. If your team fails to show for a scheduled practice, and is 10 minutes late, the field may be given to another team. Practice may be booked a maximum of two times per week.
- Registered teams may also schedule pre-season practice time during our umpire clinics, August 30 and September 1 6:30- 8:00 PM at Messer North softball fields.
- Once the season has begun field use for practice is first come first serve unless otherwise reserved.
Calling Off Games Policy
- Games will not be postponed or rescheduled. EXCEPTIONS: Death of immediate family member or player(s).
- In case of rain or lightening, all teams scheduled to play at 6:30 should report to your designated field unless otherwise notified If games are cancelled earlier than 6:30 PM, there will be a recorded message on our hotline # 891-3800. The hotline will provide the latest weather information and/or cancellation of remaining games. PLEASE DO NOT call the Tallahassee Parks, Recreation and Neighborhood Affairs Department.
- If the games are called off for inclement weather, or field conditions, the fields will not be available for practice to avoid costly damage to the fields.
- Saturday, August 20, 9:00am - 1:00pm, Messer N. Park-Press box, ASA/City Parks & Recreation Department
- Tuesday, August 30 from 6 PM - 7:30 PM - Messer N. Park, F# 1 & 2
- Thursday, September 1 from 6 PM - 7:30 PM - Messer
Recent ASA Rule Changes with Comments
Rule 3, Section 3F: Beginning January 1, 2017, the 11" .520 COR or under with a compression of 300.0 lbs or under will be the only ball allowed in Women’s Adult Slow Pitch, Coed Women’s Slow Pitch and Junior Olympic Girls and Boys Slow Pitch.
Additional Forms and Information (PDF)
Softball Complex Phone Numbers (when in use)
- Information Hotline: 891-3800
- Tom Brown Park: 891-3965
- James Messer Park North: 891-5336
- James Messer Park South: 891-5337
- Springsax Park: 891-3955