2014 Fall Adult Softball League
Registration for the fall season has concluded. Schedules will be emailed to managers a week before the season begins and also posted on this page.
- August 21 | 6:00 - 7:30pm: Field Training at Messer North
- August 26 | 6:00 - 7:30pm: Field Training at Messer North
General Softball Manager Information
- For registration to be complete teams must fill out the registration form; present a roster with at least 7 team members' names on it, and pay the team registration fee by the established deadline.
- All players must be 18 years of age or older to participate in the adult softball league.
- Teams may register online or in person 912 Myers Park Drive. If registering online, a roster must be sent to the Parks, Recreation, and Neighborhood Affairs Department.
- At the time of walk in registration, teams are supplied with an ASA participant rule book, a copy of the city rules, and a score book. If you register online, please stop in the main office prior to the season.
- Rules are governed by ASA, complemented by City rules. A set of city rules can be downloaded from the website or picked up from our main office.
- One behind the plate umpire will be scheduled for each game played.
- Teams keep their own scores. The umpire will verify scores with teams.
- Teams must complete a lineup card before each game, and present it to the umpire.
- All players must be in similar colored shirts, with at least a 6' number permanently attached to the back of the shirt.
- The captain/manager is responsible for the team and player conduct. Only team captains and managers should address the umpires during games.
- All team communication between PRNA and the captain/manager is handled via email/phone. Please keep your players informed.
- If you are unable to play your scheduled game, please contact the main office so the other team may be notified. Excessive forfeits (after the 3rd) may result in your team being dropped from the schedule.
- Players and equipment are to remain in the dugouts, with the exception of the batter, and the on deck batter.
- Bats are randomly checked and must be displayed for the umpire to inspect prior to the start of every game. Please be sure to review the illegal bat list (PDF).
- The official bat must bear the ASA 2000 Certification Mark, the ASA 2004 Certification Mark, or the ASA 2013 Certification Mark. Bats bearing the ASA Certification mark are allowed in slow pitch only. See Rule 3 Section 1 of the ASA Guide & Playing Rules for specific guidelines.
- Each team must supply a yellow optic color, red stitch, ASA stamped, (which is the official ASA softball for slow pitch) game ball that meets ASA specifications. Co-Ed must supply a 12" and 11" ball.
- All men must use the 52/300 12 inch ball, with the exception of seniors, they may continue to use the 44/375 or 52/300.
- Deadline to make additions/deletions to the roster is September 30, 2014.
- Preseason practice information is posted below.
- There is a park supervisor working at the park every night. Please ask for their assistance if needed. They will be wearing a City of Tallahassee Parks & Recreation Department staff shirt.
Preseason Softball Practice Information
- Softball fields may be reserved for preseason practice beginning Monday August 18- 29 at 6:00, 7:30 or 9:00 PM, at a cost of $7.00/per session (No Lights), $13.75/per session (With Lights). Please call the park directly Messer South- 891- 5337, Tom Brown- 891-3965 to schedule your practice. Please note: staff does not arrive until 6:00 PM. Phones will not be answered until that time.
- All weekly preseason practice must be paid at the concession stand prior to taking the field. If your team fails to show for a scheduled practice, and is 10 minutes late, the field may be given to another team. Practice may be booked a maximum of two times per week.
- Fields may also be reserved on the weekends at either park location for preseason practice on the week-end of August 23-24, and August 30-31 at a cost of $7.00/per session, (No Lights), by calling the main office- 891-3835. All weekend field requests must be scheduled, and paid in advance.
- Teams may also schedule preseason practice time during our umpire clinics, August 21, and 26, 6:30- 8:00 PM at Messer North softball fields. Reservations for the umpire clinics will be scheduled only on Saturday, July 26, 2014, from 9:00 AM- 1:00 PM at 912 Myers Park Drive, in the main office, during our walk in registration day. There is very limited space so sign up early.
- Once the season has begun field use for practice is first come first serve unless otherwise reserved.
Calling Off Games Policy
- Games will not be postponed or rescheduled. EXCEPTIONS: Death of immediate family member or player(s).
- In case of rain, all 6:30 game teams should report to your designated field at the scheduled time. Games will be canceled no earlier than 6:00 p.m. at the field. There will be a recorded message on our hotline at 891-3800 for the latest information on rainy days and/or cancellation of the remaining games that day. DO NOT call Tallahassee Parks, Recreation and Neighborhood Affairs Department. If we cancel games early than 6:00 p.m., we will put a recorded message on the hotline.
- If the games are called off for inclement weather, the fields will not be available for practice to avoid costly damage to the fields.
- INFORMATION HOTLINE: 891-3800
Additional Forms and Information (PDF)
Softball Complex Phone Numbers (when in use)
- Information Hotline: 891-3800
- Tom Brown Park: 891-3965
- James Messer Park North: 891-5336
- James Messer Park South: 891-5337
- Springsax Park: 891-3955