The City of Tallahassee requires applicants to complete an online application, unless specifically noted on the Job Posting Announcement for a position. For those vacancies for which a hard-copy application will be accepted, hard-copy application forms are available in several formats:
1. Download in PDF format (PDF), or
2. Download in Microsoft Word format (DOCX)
Note that on these applications, we will collect the last four digits of an applicant's social security number for identification and verification purposes, and will not release it unless required to do so by law.
For those vacancies for which a hard-copy application will be accepted, you MUST complete and submit the City of Tallahassee application form by the published deadline in order to be considered for any advertised City vacancy.
- Personally delivered applications must be received in the City Hall Human Resources Office no later than 5:00 p.m. on the published closing date.
- An application submitted by mail must be postmarked on or before the published closing date.
- An application transmitted to Human Resources by fax must reflect a transmission receipt time no later than midnight of the published closing date.
- E-mailed application forms will NOT be accepted. If you have internet access, you should apply online.
If you wish to submit a resume, it must be accompanied by either a completed printed City application, or submitted with your on-line City application. A resume will not be accepted in lieu of a City application