Apartment Fire Injures One
March 18, 2014
This evening at 5:47 five units from The Tallahassee Fire Department were dispatched to a structure fire in an apartment on the 600 block of Mark Drive. The first units saw heavy smoke on arrival, made entry, and found fire in the kitchen. The fire was quickly attacked and extinguished, and did not spread anywhere else in the structure. The one resident at home at the time of the fire was rescued by a neighbor who pulled her outside to the fresh air. She suffered from smoke inhalation and was transported to the hospital by LCEMS. The fire appears to be cooking related. Damages are estimated at $20,000.
Brett Tillotson, Tallahassee Fire Department, 606-6600
Subscribe to News Releases
Sign up to receive our news releases via email, along with many other features, with our Email Subscription Service.