Fire Breaks Out at Augustine Club Apartments
Displaces Six Residents
December 03, 2013
At 5:38 p.m., the Tallahassee Fire Department responded to an apartment fire located at Augustine Club Apartments 2001 Old St. Augustine Rd. Firefighters from Fire Station 6 were first on the scene and reported heavy smoke coming from a third floor apartment unit. Firefighters entered the structure and extinguished a fire in the kitchen and attic. One occupant resided in the apartment unit and noticed flames coming from behind her refrigerator when she arrived home. No injuries were reported at the fire and damages were estimated at $150,000. Five other units in the three-story complex were effected by water from the operation and six total residents were forced to evacuate their apartments until repairs are made. The Red Cross was called to the scene to assist the displaced residents. The cause of the fire is believed to be electrical in nature and started behind the refrigerator. TFD was also assisted at the scene by Leon County EMS.
Lt. Mike Bellamy, Public Information Officer, 850-508-0730
Subscribe to News Releases
Sign up to receive our news releases via email, along with many other features, with our Email Subscription Service.