TFD Responds to Electrical Fire
August 08, 2013
At 12:13 a.m., the Tallahassee Fire Department responded to the report of a house fire located in the 2200 Block of Wall Street. On arrival, fire crews were met with smoke throughout the resident's utility room. The family exited the building safely before the Fire Department arrived. Firefighters quickly identified the origin of the fire to be in the electrical box. Power was then shut off to the structure and the fire was extinguished with a fire extinguisher. Firefighters checked for fire extension further into the house and safely secured the scene. The cause of the fire was determined to be an electrical malfunction and damages were estimated at $10,000. Three occupants were displaced due to the fire and no injuries were reported on scene.
Lt. Mike Bellamy, Public Information Officer, 606-6625
Subscribe to News Releases
Sign up to receive our news releases via email, along with many other features, with our Email Subscription Service.