FAMU Way: Project Features
Five acre stormwater pond at FAMU Way and Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard intersection
Railroad Square and linear park
The FAMU Way conceptual plan includes a two-lane, two-way road with bike lanes, on-street parking, landscaped sidewalks and medians.
The conceptual plan includes the following amenities:
- Five-foot wide sidewalks on each side of the roadway
- Five-foot wide bike lanes on each side of the roadway
- Eight-foot-wide parking lanes along portions of the roadway
- Two travel lanes, one in each direction
- A landscaped median island
- Roundabouts at Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard, Wahnish Way, Pinellas Street and Gamble Street
- A large, underground pipe to carry water underground from Wahnish Way to Coal Chute Park with no surface brook
- A 12-foot-wide multi-use path with park-like amenities
- Two-thirds of the new roadway will have landscaped greenways
Planned amenities may change as the project progresses and as feedback is received from the community.
For information about past public meetings and other news, please visit the Project History page.