Downtown Redevelopment Commission
The purpose of the Downtown Community Redevelopment Area’s Downtown Redevelopment Commission (DRC) is to advise the Community Redevelopment Agency on redevelopment strategies to be addressed and implemented in support of the redevelopment area. Specifically, the DRC is to make recommendations on expenditures or investments within the redevelopment area, and may recommend changes to the redevelopment plan, develop an annual work program, set priorities and develop incentives to further the redevelopment efforts.
The DRC consists of nine (9) individuals who have extensive experience in the development and/or redevelopment of urban properties. The current membership of the DRC, along with the agency or interest that they represent, is listed below:
- Will Butler, Real Estate InSync, LLC (Chair)
- Tom Barron, Capital City Bank (Vice Chair)
- Darrin Holloman, Regions Bank
- Clay Ketcham, Ketcham Appraisal Group, Inc
- Kim Williams, Marpan Supply
- Canita Peterson, Thomas Howell Ferguson, P.A.
- Andrew Reiss, Andrews Downtown
- John Thomas, Florida League of Cities
- Glenda Thornton, Bateman Harden, Attorneys at Law
The DRC meets on the first Tuesday of each month, and begin at 9:30 a.m. at the Tallahassee Community College Center on Kleman Plaza (located below The Mary Brogan Museum), in Room 114. All meetings are open to the public, as are the agendas and minutes of each meeting.