April is Baby Shower Month at ASC
Donation Drive Supports Infant Animal Foster Program
March 28, 2013
From April 1 through May 1, the Tallahassee-Leon Community Animal Service Center (ASC) will be collecting supplies from citizens to help support the infant animal foster program.
During 2012, the ASC fostered out nearly 600 animals until they were old enough for adoption. Built on a network of volunteers willing to open their hearts and homes, the foster program relies heavily on donated supplies to help care for the basic needs of the infant animals.
Each spring there is an influx of puppies and kittens creating an even greater need for citizens to donate supplies. Below are some of the critically needed items that foster care families are requesting:
- Kitten and Puppy Food (dry or canned)
- Powdered Puppy and Kitten Formula (KMR or Esbilac)
- Small Animal Nursing Bottles
- Scoopable or Natural Litter
- Litter Pans (small, medium or large)
- Heating Pads, Towels and Blankets
- Play Pens and Baby Gates
- Kitten and Puppy Toys
Donations can be dropped off at any of the following locations:
- Tallahassee-Leon Community Animal Service Center, 1125 Easterwood Drive
- Paws, 3491 Thomasville Road #10 (in the Killearn Center next to Hobby Lobby)
- Pet Supermarket, 1482 Apalachee Parkway
- Petco, 1624 Governors Square Boulevard
Online donations can also be made through ASC's online wish list at Amazon.com.
ASC is also in need of more foster homes to aid in reaching the goal of zero euthanasia of adoptable animals. Call 891-2950 to learn more about becoming a foster parent.
The Animal Service Center, located adjacent to Tom Brown Park at 1125 Easterwood Drive, is operated and maintained by the City's Parks, Recreation and Neighborhood Affairs Department. More information is available by calling 891-2950. To view animals that are currently available for adoption, please visit Talgov.com/animals. You can also keep up-to-date by liking the Animal Service Center on Facebook.
Perri Dale, Animal Service Center, 891-2966; or Carrie Poole, Communications Department, 891-8533