Ethics & Fraud Hotline
The Office of the City Auditor sponsors a confidential Ethics and Fraud HOTLINE. This hotline is a method for City employees, contractors, citizens, and other interested parties to confidentially present a suspected incident of fraud, waste, or abuse involving City money, property, or other resources.
A City employee or member of the public who suspects dishonest or fraudulent activity can notify the Office of the City Auditor through the hotline by dialing 850-891-8813. Callers may remain anonymous if they wish. All information received will be treated in a confidential manner, including the name of the reporting person if so desired by that person to the extent permitted by law. View Florida Statutes Section 112.3188 relating to confidentiality of information disclosed to a local government official regarding suspected fraudulent activity.
The City Auditor's Office has a policy which provides staff with specific guidelines and responsibilities regarding appropriate actions in reviewing allegations of fraud and similar improprieties. In addition, the City has an Ethics Statement, City Commission Policy 104.06, personnel policies and procedures (general provisions), and personnel policies and procedures (personal conduct), which place a personal responsibility on all employees for assessing his or her compliance with these standards.
We encourage vigilance in both employees and citizens in their awareness of the conditions which may allow FRAUD, WASTE, or ABUSE to exist in City government. Most importantly, City policies, practices, procedures, reports, and other mechanisms should be developed to monitor activities and safeguard assets, particularly in high-risk areas.
If you suspect that fraud, waste, or abuse is occurring in City of Tallahassee government involving City money, property, or other resources, make a confidential report of the case to the Office of the City Auditor fraud hotline at 850-891-8813!
When calling the hotline, it will be most beneficial if you can:
- Describe your concern.
- Provide the names of all individuals involved, including other witnesses.
- Give the dates and times the incident occurred and where it happened.
- State whether there is any supporting documentation such as birth dates, license plate or City vehicle numbers, social security numbers, addresses, invoice numbers, purchase order numbers, check numbers, or other document numbers.
To report other issues:
- Discrimination Issues, call Equity and Workforce Development at 891-8290
- Worker's Compensation Fraud Issues, call Risk Management at 891-2117
- Employee Relation Issues, call Human Resources at 891-8331