Think Energy - For Your Health
July 01, 2014
Recreational activities abound in the summer--especially in Tallahassee. So this is a great time to think about heading outdoors, becoming more fit and feeling the power of increased personal energy.
Better still, while you and are your family are outdoors, you'll be using less energy indoors so you will save on home cooling costs!
You can take a brisk walk at one of the City's award-winning parks. Go mountain biking on some of the area's many beautiful trails. Swim a few laps at a community pool, or play a round of golf at Hilaman or Jake Gaither golf courses.
Need some more ideas and inspiration? Here are a few:
- Jog around Cascades Park and enjoy the tranquil atmosphere
- Play tennis or volleyball at one the City's many facilities
- Challenge a team to disc golf at Tom Brown Park or Jack McLean Park
- Sign up for an exercise classes at local community centers
- Take a stroll through local farmer's markets and shopping areas such as the Market District, Midtown and the burgeoning College Town/Gaines Street.
The possibilities are endless. Just remember to drink plenty of water in the heat as well as before, during and after exercise. This will help avoid dehydration---which can drain energy and cause serious health problems.
While juice and soft drinks may quench your thirst, opt for tap water instead. It's calorie free, inexpensive and readily available. Plus the City's drinking water was voted Best Tasting in the state of Florida!
For more information, call 891.4YOU (4968).
Subscribe to News Releases
Sign up to receive our news releases via email, along with many other features, with our Email Subscription Service.